Urgent care centers are set up to offer urgent assistance to patients with injuries or illnesses that are not life threatening, but still cannot wait till the next day to get primary care from a doctor. urgent care Los Angeles The facilities come in handy, especially when primary care physicians are closed or where access to quality healthcare facilities is limited.It is important to remember that urgent care does not substitute emergency care. There are situations that are considered an emergency and as such they should be treated by checking the patient to the ER in a well-equipped facility because they can endanger the life or permanently impair the patient. Deep knife wound, seizures, severe chest pains and pregnancy related problems and many others are all serious and considered an emergency. Urgent care facilities may not be able to handle such, but will handle less serious medical situations like fever, flu, diarrhea, vomiting, sprains and strains, falls, moderate back pains, eye irritation and such irritating but not life threatening situations.
1. Urgent care clinics require no appointment and hence patients can walk in to get treatment they need. This is a major benefit, especially considering that you can be faced with sudden health issues that leave you very concerned such that you just can’t wait.
2. They offer services at very flexible hours. The urgent care service providers will usually remain open during weekdays and weekends and some even remain open round the clock just so you can access the services as they arise. The flexible hours offer lots of convenience, especially for patients who have busy schedules; you can check into the center even after having your dinner.
3. They offer peace of mind because you know that you can get the medical assistance that you need without necessarily waiting too long. The waiting time at an ER department can be a little longer considering how serious, some of the received cases can be. But because the urgent care clinics only deal with minor health issues, there are usually no long lines to deal with and you can get treated as soon as you get there so you spend very little time at the clinic.
4. The centers can come complete with lab testing and X-ray services so that diagnosis for patients is made faster. You might also be very lucky to get a facility that can refill your prescription saving you the trip to your healthcare provider when the time is not convenient enough.
5. They offer the services are very reasonable costs. This means that you can have your health concerns settled on a price that you can afford.
A good urgent care center should offer the necessary services for the medical situations that are not life threatening. The best facilities will attend to adult and also pediatric patients and should have the necessary medical equipment like X-ray machines so you do not end up being sent to another place for such services. In essence, an urgent care clinic should offer nothing short of convenience.