Since QuickBooks is an accounting software it is responsible for handling the entire financial sphere viz. accounts, payroll, bookkeeping, etc. for a firm, and issues such as QuickBooks won’t open is one of the frequently faced issues. Nevertheless, in this blog below you would find the purposes behind this error along with some of the most efficient and relevant solutions for the same.
Untangling these technical errors could be complicated and even a single misstep might lead to further interruptions hence we would recommend you to reach out to an expert immediately. Dial +1-800-579-9430 to avail the best available troubleshooting services and let our QuickBooks professionals guide your way out of this problem.
Causes for the QuickBooks won’t open issue:
It is mandatory to find out the probable causes behind the error to find the relevant solutions. Jotted down below are a few of the most relevant justifications behind this error:
- Extremely lengthy company file name.
- The hard disk is either corrupted or damaged.
- Inappropriate installation of the ‘QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Absent or corrupted‘QBWUSER.INI’ file.
These could be some of the apparent motives behind this error. However, a requisite pre-step before the implementation of any of the resolutions would be to install the latest version of Windows as well as the latest version of QuickBooks and its components installed on your device.
You may also read:- QuickBooks error 1625
Solutions for the ‘QuickBooks Won’t Open’ error:
If your system is acting sluggish and you are not able to access your company file as well as your windows are freezing then that is because of this error. Now, to overcome this error we have listed down below some result-driven steps that you can imply:
Solution 1: Shut down the ‘QBW32.exe’ procedure.
- The initial aspect to ‘Right-Click’ on the “Windows taskbar” listed in the system followed by selecting the “Start Task Manager” option.
- Now,tap on the “Process tab” and then further select the “Image Name” header which will arrange the procedures alphabetically.
- Then navigate the ‘EXE’ file and click on it.
- Ultimately, click on “End Process” to shut down the “exe process“.
Solution 2: Rename the ‘QBWUSER.ini. file’.
- Move towards the folder where all the files are saved.
- From the search bar, type ‘.ini’ and you must easily locate this file.
- Right-click on it and select ‘rename’ from the list of options.
- Then add a ‘.old’ extension at the end of the file name. Ensure not to edit any other part of the file name.
- Now your file name would be ‘QBWUSER.ini.old’ File.
- Similarly, locate the ‘.ecml’ file and rename it using the same instructions.
- Do not edit any other part of the name just add the ‘.old’ at the end.
‘QuickBooks won’t open issue’ must be resolved through the following steps listed above. Restart your system to ensure that this error is settled. If it didn’t then instantly dial +1-800-579-9430 to hire a QuickBooks Expert to pave your way out of this complicated technical glitch instantly & effortlessly.
Related article:- QuickBooks event id 4