QuickBooks database server manager allows multiple users to access the database and company file simultaneously. If the QuickBooks database manager stopped running, it means you can only use QuickBooks I n single user mode.If QBDBMgrN keeps stopping on your computer, don’t worry! In this article, we are going to provide you with easy solutions to help fix this issue so that you can use QuickBooks in multi-user mode without any difficulties.
Need help fixing the issue or are unable to understand the steps? Reach out to us at +1-855-856-0042 for technical assistance.
Knowing What Triggers the Error
Below are the possible situations when the error occurs –
- While updating or upgrading QuickBooks to a newer version.
- When your Windows Firewall is not updated and is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the internet.
- When the database server is not properly installed.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager Failed to Start. What Are the Solutions?
Fix the Database Server Manager issue by following the given solutions:
Solution 1 – Installing Firewall Updates
Try updating the Windows Firewall to fix the issue.
- Press Windows + R. In the Run window, type Control Panel and press
- Select the System and Security option or run the “cpl” command and open the firewall settings.
- Click on Windows Firewall > Check for Updates > Update your Firewall Settings.
- Update and restart your computer.
Solution 2 – Restarting the Database Server Manager Service
This can help resolve the errors in the server manager.
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R and type msc.
- Search for QuickBooks database server manager service by scrolling down.
- Re-start the service by right-clicking on the database server manager service.
- Try opening QuickBooks again.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 15102
Solution 3 – Installing Windows Updates
Install the latest windows updates by following the steps below –
- On the Run dialog box type Control firewall.cpland press
- Click Update Now and use the recommended settings.
- Restart your computer once the Windows is updated.
Solution 4 – Adding the Database Server Manager Service to the Firewall
Add QuickBooks to your firewall exclusion list and exclude the QBDBMgrN.exe file located in the C:\Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks folder. Save it and try opening QuickBooks again.
Solution 5 – Repairing QuickBooks Desktop
Repair the QuickBooks Desktop application to fix any damage in the installation files.
- In the Run window, type cpland click on Enter.
- From the list of installed programs, select QuickBooks.
- Click Uninstall/change > Continue > Next.
- Click on Repair and then press
- Press Finish once the repair process completes then, restart Windows.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error uexp
Solution 6 – Using the Clean Install Tool
If none of the above steps work, try re-installing QuickBooks using the clean install tool.
- Backup your company file and type cplin the Run window.
- Select QuickBooks Desktop from the program list and run the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Go to Installation issues > Clean Install Tool.
- Follow the instructions for the clean installation process.
- Now, download the correct version of the QuickBooks program and install it.
- Activate the product and try accessing your company file again.
Perform the above troubleshooting steps to fix the ‘QuickBooks database server manager stopped’ issue and if the error persists, you can get in touch with our technical team for assistance at +1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 1310