When the user tries to access a company file not located on the computer, the QuickBooks error H505 gets triggered. It means that the multi-user access is getting blocked. The error message says ‘This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs help connecting’. If you are facing this issue, we have the right solutions for you. In this article, we will talk about the reasons for QuickBooks error code H505 along with its solutions to help you resolve the error effectively.
If you are not able to troubleshoot the error or need help with the same, reach out to us at +1-800-579-9430 to get technical assistance.
Reasons for the Error Code H505
The various reasons for the error are –
- The network data file is damaged or corrupted.
- The hosting configuration settings are incorrect.
- Firewall settings are causing interference with QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is disabled.
Fixing QuickBooks Hosting Error
Here are some effective solutions to resolve QuickBooks error H505 –
Solution 1: Fixing the Network Data File
When the .ND file is damaged, the access to the file located on the network gets compromised.
- On the folder holding the company file, right-click the .ND file.
- Rename it by adding .OLD at the end.
Related article:- QuickBooks error 6129
Solution 2: Checking the Host Settings On the Workstation
- Try to stop hosting mode in the workstation.
- On the workstation facing the error, open QuickBooks.
- Click on File > Utilities.
- Select the Stop hosting multi-user access option.
- Restart the computer and use the multi-user mode.
On Server Computer
- Open QuickBooks > File > Utilities.
- Select the Host multi-user access option.
- If instead of Host multi-user access, you found Stop multi-user access, don’t click on it.
Solution 3: Repairing Firewall Using QB Database Server Manager
To resolve the error, open QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the tool hub and run a scan.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the downloaded file.
- Install the tool hub by following the on-screen prompts.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub once installed.
- Open QuickBooks Database Server manager by selecting Network Issues.
- Browse your company folder file and select Start Scan. Click Close once the scanning process ends.
- It will repair the firewall and provide access to workstations.
You can also try running the QuickBooks File Doctor by selecting Company File Issues to fix the error.
Solution 4: Creating a New Company File
Create a new company file to check if the problem is with your company file or not. This can help fix the QuickBooks Desktop error H505.
- On your host computer, create a new folder with full access.
- Now, create a new file in multi-user mode. The file should have a .QBW extension.
- Check if you can access the company file across the network from all workstations.
The above solutions will fix the QuickBooks error H505 effectively. If you have performed all the steps and the error still exists, you might need advanced troubleshooting. You can get in touch with our technical team at +1-800-579-9430 for immediate assistance with the same.
Read more:- Quickbooks unrecoverable error