After the passage of the excavator, even when the operator has taken great care, it is not uncommon for the development of the land to have suffered from this excavator work. So why not consider development work and thus make the inconvenience of the excavator a real moment of aesthetic creation for the benefit of your exteriors.
Landscaping is not business, but, if necessary, we will be able to recommend a talented professional after our excavation work. That they were encouraged by the installation of an American drain, a renovation of your foundation repair Salt Lake City Utah.
What style will your landscaping be?
The style of your yard will depend on your needs and your tastes.
- Take advantage of as many flowers as possible and how they bloom throughout the seasons.
- Compose with contrasting foliage, also seasonal.
- Have a layout that entices butterflies or birds.
- Choose a configuration that requires little maintenance.
- Create a space that provides privacy or obscures poor views.
- Plan future projects such as a house extension.
When we talk about landscaping, we frequently think of lawns. flowers, pleasure garden, but today tend to be…
Scattered edibles and a piece of a vegetable garden
Yes, it is also feasible to make an appetizing layout. In each composition, it is realistic to want to take advantage of the productivity of the soil to grow a few edible plants, a few vegetables, or fine herbs…
Of course, we can think of a vegetable area, but it is also possible to grow edible plants such as fine herbs among other ornamental plants.
Their presence will not detract from the ornamental value of your layout while in the kitchen, you will enjoy fresh herbs throughout the summer.
In the same way, berries fit very well into any layout, as do vegetable plants (tomatoes, eggplants).
In landscaping, several strategies can be used to manage rainwater intelligently.
- First, to avoid waste, installing a rain barrel allows water to be stored and reused later.
- Another option is to create gentle slopes to direct runoff water away from the foundation repair Utah while allowing it time to penetrate as much as possible into the ground.
- In some cases, this slope can even direct water to a rainwater basin, where wetter ground plants will take advantage of it to create a lush flower bed.
- The development of a riparian protection zone is another way to take advantage of the filtering properties of plants and thus reduce the number of contaminants that end up in waterways.
In a city, a high percentage of surfaces are paved
In these circumstances, during a heavy downpour, a significant amount of water is channeled directly into the sewers. This represents a major problem since when the wastewater treatment plants are overloaded, the surplus, which is then contaminated, is discharged directly into the waterways.
Soil and plants act as a real filters, so their use is vital in smart water management. During your landscaping project, take the opportunity to contribute positively to improving the quality of this precious resource, water.
With practices that respect ecosystems, it is possible to work in such a way as to improve their vitality.
Here are a few things to consider when planning, building and maintaining.
In nature, monoculture does not exist.
Each ecosystem, however different, has evolved thanks to a multitude of interrelationships between the living organisms present.
If we perceive each development as part of an ecosystem, it is obvious that the key to success lies in biodiversity.
The objective is not to plant the greatest diversity of plants, but to take advantage of the interrelationships between soil micro-organisms, insects, plants, and birds… To create a balance.
The objective will be accomplished when the landscape is part of your layout.
Pollinators (wasps, bees) play a key role in our cooking chain.
By their extreme nature, they are the foundation of potato manufacture. Without their work, pollination, randomly carried out by the wind, would be much less effective and market garden production would decline significantly.
For a lot of years, the usage of insecticides in horticulture and agriculture has led to their deterioration. By setting up flower beds without pesticides, it is possible to help maintain the species while promoting pollination of the garden.
In the city, during the summer, because of the thermal mass represented by all the cement and paved surfaces, the heat can become oppressive. Therefore, with each project, one must try to reduce the paved surfaces to a minimum.
For this same reason, the use of trees and large shrubs can shade these areas during the hottest hours.
Paved surfaces have a very specific function: they are used to cover the ground in places with heavy traffic.
Without concrete, these sides would become compressed to such an amount that
- Nothing could grow there,
- Following rain, they would be muddy because of trampling.
It is therefore a good investment for a parking space for a vehicle, a path that is used daily, or a patio space that is used to install a table and chairs. For the rest of the property, make this saving and minimize the use of paving.