The users are required to reset QuickBooks Registration within 30 days of purchase. Else you can also download the application to continue using it further to manage the accounting process in the organization. There are two different ways through which you can register a QuickBooks application. One is an online registration, and another one is through your phone. However, if you register through your phone, you will receive the registration number on your mobile number to enter into a file named “qbregistration.dat”. Qbregistration.dat file is the registration file that consists of all the relevant information regarding the license and product registration. If the Data file becomes corrupted or fails to appear, then in that scenario, you need to rewrite it from the beginning. To know about the stepwise instructions to reset QB Registration, go through the entire blog.
Wondering how to Reset QuickBooks Registration and need instant help? Get in touch with our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053.
Things that you must consider to Reset QuickBooks Registration Timer
Here we have listed some of the essential factors that you must keep in mind so that you can easily reset the QuickBooks Registration timer:
- To register your product with Intuit’s server, you first ensure that you are connected with a stable internet connection network.
- Be ready with your registration details, such as Product Code, License Number, along with the validation code.
- You must not worry about your data file as it won’t get affected while resetting the QuickBooks Registration timer.
- In addition to this, you can acquire all the information related to your License and Registration via Intuit’s Camps Portal.
Effective Methods to Reset QuickBooks Registration
Here we have listed different methods using which you can easily reset QuickBooks Desktop Registration without any hassle.
Method 1: Rename QuickBooks Registration File to Recreate it
You can also rename the QuickBooks Registration file to reset QuickBooks Registration. Once you rename the file, QB won’t identify the file and prompt you to register it again. Whenever you register the file, a new qbregistration.dat file is created automatically. Down below, we have listed the instructions to rename the file.
- Initially, close all the running programs in the background, including QuickBooks.
- Afterwards, select the Windows Start button and click on the Windows Explorer option to launch it.
- Soon after this, follow the following path to reach the QuickBooks Installation folder i.e “C: > ProgramData > Common Files > Intuit > QuickBooks”.
- Now, allow to view the hidden files and folders and then reach the QBregistration.dat file. You can also search for the QB Installation folder through the Search option.
- After that, right-click on the file named “QBregistartion.dat” and select Rename. Also, you need to add .old at the end of the file name and hit the Enter key.
- Finally, QuickBooks will ask you to register the QB Desktop once again.
Method 2: Create QBregistration.dat file
- The first and foremost step is to close your data file. Along with this, you also have to exit from all the active windows of the QB application.
- Simultaneously, press Windows + E keys on your keyboard to launch the File Explorer window.
- After this, go to the C: drive and then access the installation folder. You will locate the file by following the path, which are as follows: ProgramData > Common Files > Intuit > QuickBooks.
- Next, right-click on the empty area of the screen when you are inside the folder and click the New option.
We assure you that the above-listed methods will help you to Reset QuickBooks Registration. If still the issue persists, consult our experts by dialing the QB Error Support Number +1(855)-856-0053.