Have you forgotten your Windows 11 password and found a way to reset the password? No worries we will provide you with the solution to this bizarre.
Ways to reset the password
To reset the password in Windows 11 a user can follow the following ways.
- Answering the security questions
- Reset using the Microsoft Account
- With the command prompt
- Using the USB/Disk
Let us check all these ways
Method 1. Answering the security questions
- On the Windows logon screen, you can enter the wrong login password and a password reset link will be displayed.
- Click the Reset Password link.
- Then you can answer your security questions. On Windows, you can enter a new password for your local account.
- Set a password for your new Windows 11 account and remember it.
- Log on to your computer with the new password.
Method 2. Reset using the Microsoft Account
- Start your computer and go to the Windows login screen. If you don’t see it, enter your Microsoft account name.
- Click the Forgot Password option below the password field.
- On the next screen, you can enter the email address of your Microsoft account and press Enter.
- Next, the Confirm ID screen is displayed. Please select how to receive the security code. If you want to confirm by phone number, enter the last 4 digits of the phone number and click Send Code.
- When you receive it, enter the security code. You can then enter a new password for your local Windows 11 computer account.
- Sign in to your Windows 11 computer with your new password.
Method 3. With command prompt
- Sign in to your Windows 11 computer with a different user account.
- Press Windows + S to open the Windows search box. Type cmd, right-click on the Command Prompt app, and select Run as administrator.
- At the Windows command prompt screen, you can enter the following command Type net user account name new password and press Enter. Replace “account name” with the exact name of the user account for which you forgot your login password. Replace “new password” with the new password you set for your account.
- You can then log out of your current account and log in to your Windows 11 computer with the account you just changed your password for.
This method only works if you have administrator privileges account.
If not then you can follow these steps.
- On the login screen, you can click the power icon at the bottom right.
- Then hold down the Shift key and click Restart. This will boot your computer into the Windows Recovery Environment.
- Click Troubleshoot-> Advanced Options-> Startup Settings-> Restart.
- Press F6 to start your computer in safe mode at the command prompt screen.
- At the Command Prompt screen, enter the following command: Type net user username new password and press Enter. However, replace “username” and “new password” with the exact account name and password you set for your account.
- Changed password for local Windows 11 account. You can start your computer in normal mode and log in with your new password.
Method 4. Using the USB/Disk
- Password reset for Windows 11 Connect the USB or disk to your PC.
- Start your computer and access the login screen.
- Click Reset Password, then click Next.
- Click the drop-down icon and select the USB / HDD device for a password reset.
- Then enter the new password and password hint to reset the password in Windows 11.
These are some of the ways for resetting the forgotten PST Password in Windows 11. But, following these methods may be very hectic for the users thus it will be convenient for the users to use an application or complete the recovery of the password in Windows 11 as these process takes a lot of time for the users and is not convenient method to go for. Now, let us have a look at the easy solution.
Method 5. Using the PST Password Recovery tool
PST Password Recovery app will be the best and most suitable to Reset a Forgotten PST password of the Outlook PST files in Windows 11. The application is good to go in any of the Windows versions and does wonders in just a few minutes. Users have to just follow a few steps and the password is reset without any kind of hurdle. Moreover, users without any kind of error are able to use this advanced tool and are able to reset their passwords completely.
In this blog, we have provided users the information about resetting the forgotten password. There are various methods that are discussed above that a user can choose for resetting the password in their Windows 11 platform.