About the author
Mike Girvin uses Excel to teach finance, accounting, and statistics at Highline Community College. You can watch his 1,800+ Excel tutorials on YouTube, and he’s been teaching people how to use Excel for the past 10 years. He also wrote Excel. Another book is called Slaying Excel Dragons and has been released. Ctrl+Shift+Enter Mastering Excel Array Formulas on DVD Mike currently lives in Seattle, Washington.
Who should buy this book?
You should buy this book if:
– You love Excel and want to know how powerful it is. You want to create the impossible with Excel formulas.
– You already know how to create Excel formulas, but you want to take your skills to the next level by creating more advanced formulas.
– You have seen the formula with curly braces. And you don’t know what that formula means. You try to fix the formula, but these braces are missing and you don’t know how to get them back.
– You are trying to solve an Excel problem using a standard formula. But this method won’t solve your problem. You need an array formula to solve this problem. But you don’t know how to build it.
– You already know how to create array formulas. But you know they have disadvantages such as slow computation speed. You want to learn how to create more efficient formulas.
Positive aspects of this book
This is a great book if you want to learn how to create advanced formulas. It covers a wide range of topics and provides examples you might encounter in a real business environment. It will also introduce Excel functions that you may not have or rarely used before, such as the FREQUENCY, SUMPRODUCT, and MMULT functions.
I like that you have an Excel file with all the formulas for each chapter. So you can clearly see how it works. This is very useful because some formulas are very complicated. Therefore, it is useful to analyze each part of the formula in the spreadsheet. Mike also wrote notes in the spreadsheet to help you.
Although the book covers complex and complex topics, I believe Mike wrote this article in a clear and understandable way. He handled it in a ridiculous way.
Mike has a bunch of videos on YouTube called Excelisfun that cover advanced formulas. However, if you want to delve into array formulas and understand how they really work, this book will appeal to you.
I really like the chapter on when these formulas are needed. Once you know how to create advanced array formulas, it’s easy to create advanced array formulas for every Excel problem. But these are not the most efficient formulas due to the slow computation speed. This chapter will remind you of the time to actually use it. Whenever I have to solve a problem I always ask myself if the standard Excel functions would work first.
Ctrl+Shift+Enter Learn Excel Array Formulas is the most in-depth book on the subject of array formulas. I had heard of array formulas before I read this book, but had no idea how to create them. After reading the book I don’t just know how to create array formulas. But also understand how it works which is the most efficient formula for a particular situation and when is the best time to use it. Now I can create powerful formulas for some Excel problems that cannot be solved using standard Excel formulas.
Disadvantages of this book
Ctrl+Shift+Enter Learning Excel array formulas is not a beginner’s book. It is aimed at advanced and expert users, as well as those looking to take their Excel skills to the next level. If you are a beginner or intermediate user we recommend that you learn the most commonly used Excel functions before proceeding to the next step.